Thursday, October 25, 2007

I'm a ruff rider

Its been a hectic week with not a whole lot of knitting time... I've been actually watching the baseball games (Go SOX!), drinking too much (too many happy hours this week!), helping Em from thousands of miles aways wrap up wedding planning and ward off fires (yes, the wedding in a week is IN San Diego County) and having a generally busy few days.
Tuesday night's happy hour was for my high school. This may sound strange to have an event 500+ miles away from where I went, but I went to a small Catholic prep school, so its not that odd for them to start doing regional alumni events. It was a little awkward at first, but I got to see some people I hadn't seen in years. The coolest part was probably being able to see my old Vice-Principal (now about to retire Head Principal). As a briefing for most people that don't actually know me, those 4 years were pretty terrible for me and my family. My high school was incredibly supportive of me during that time, asking few questions, letting me space out in class and letting me head out early when then knew I had bigger things to deal with then a quiz on the Scarlet Letter. (I still haven't read it!). That said, I felt like I needed to thank Mr Quinn, as I had never really had chance, pretty much walking out the door the day I graduated and never looked back... so it ended up being a bit more emotionally draining then I expected, but that may just have been because they gave me all the Blue Moon I could drink and I didn't eat anything...
Now, the reason I've been out of touch this week, in addition to lots of happy hours, is that I've been in training most of this week at the Office of Personnel Management. The building is named after Teddy Roosevelt, which is why the term Rough Riders in the building shouldn't be that surprising. That said, I couldn't help but giggle when I saw this sign on my way to lunch.
As we speak, the tall guy and I are carving the monster pumpkin we got while at corn maze last weekend. I'll show it off tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment