Friday, July 6, 2007

About Me...I'll try for 100

Ugh, I hate this stuff, but I figure it may help you to know me and my little corner of the world better.
  1. I'm originally from New Hampshire and miss it dearly. Specifically, Portsmouth. It's a fantastic place to grow up.
  2. I call Boston home, even though I've lived in the DC Metro area longer then I lived in Boston.
  3. I'm a Red Sox fan, but I'm not the best at paying close attention to stats and standings. I leave that to my friends and family.
  4. I've been in DC since 2002. I've lived within the same two blocks of Silver Spring the entire time. This just happened, it wasn't on purpose.
  5. I can't believe I've been in DC for that long. I came here on a one year plan.
  6. My husband is over a foot taller then me.
  7. While I've been hitched for a bit of time now, it still feels funny to say husband.
  8. He doesn't really like the Red Sox, but is a good sport about most things.
  9. I call him the Tall Guy
  10. We have a dog named Annie. She's a bit high strung, but in a way that you still like her after she's licked your face and done leaps through the backyard, knocking over anything in her path.
  11. I have an amazing set of friends. Cheesy? Yes. But, true.
  12. I taught myself how to knit about 8 or 9 years ago. There was an ill fated lesson abut 20 years ago from my great-grandmother, which I didn't retain, so it was all from scratch
  13. I didn't get fully immersed in the knitting circuit until about 4 years ago.
  14. I don't like to say obsessed. More like. A very dear hobby. Smart folks don't make fun of me, as they know I'll knit them presents.
  15. I love teaching people to knit, or getting them more involved.
  16. Ravelry.com has been an amazing tool for making new friends. Twitter is just fun.
  17. Hardly any of my friends actually knit or have any understanding to this part of my life, but they accept it and I love them for that.
  18. I've met a ton of awesome people via the internet that knit that I doubt I would have met otherwise.
  19. If I could, I would never wear shoes. I love being barefoot. Summer makes me happy for this reason.
  20. We have a Mini Cooper Clubman. It's a funny little car and I love it.
  21. My degree is in Psychology.
  22. I work in HR for the Government.
  23. I would rather knit and go to Yoga, but it's a job and I like my co-workers.
  24. I never would have thought my life would lead me to having to call the White House and debate issues.
  25. The Tall Guy is the plant person in our house. We have wonderful vegetation and orchids. And I don't ever go near them. Mostly, I kill plants.
  26. I've managed to get the Tall Guy to request and enjoy tofu, tempeh and seitan in the last year. This still amazes me as he's a "Meat and Potatoes" Mid-westerner.
  27. For him, I still eat the occasional steak, but this will probably stop at some point.
  28. I avoid knitting that involves knitting a "front" and "back". This means, I like "in-the-round" sweaters.
  29. I just had my sewing machine make its way to DC from NH. I'm thinking I'll start branching out in my crafty adventures.
  30. My Mom died from breast cancer when I was 17.
  31. Who knows where I would be if I hadn't lost her, but it's so hard for me to explain to people who I am without them having known her.
  32. If I don't have my glasses on or contacts in , I can't really see you or the face you're making.
  33. I've tried really hard, but I am not a morning person. I just can't function.
  34. Coffee is one of my loves.
  35. I've worked for three different coffee companies over the years. If they could match my current compensation, that's what I would be doing now.
  36. I have 4 tattoos. I'm planning to get one reworked/covered soon.
  37. I think it's funny that people still think tattoos are "counter culture" or that my four is " a lot".
  38. We don't have a kid at this point. There's no rush, but I love other people's kids a lot and I think a lot of people think if you don't have a kid, you must not like them. False. I guess this is now TOTALLY wrong as we have a wee one named Silas...
  39. I grew up with a pool in my backyard.
  40. It just happened to be there when my parents bought the house.
  41. I'm actually a pretty terrible swimmer despite the fact that there was a pool in the backyard.
  42. I love the ocean. Any ocean.
  43. I'll pick popcorn over chocolate any day.
  44. I didn't know what the "Big Ten" was until I met The Tall Guy. He went to two schools that belong to the Big Ten.
  45. I'm not allowed to wear Yellow and Blue together. (see #44).
  46. I love to read. Apparently I read pretty fast. I'll read just about anything you put in front of me.
  47. We're about to move across country to Denver from DC.
  48. I'm going to be  unemployed.
  49. You'll probably be seeing a lot more posts as a result!

I'll add more as I think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment