Friday, July 20, 2007

Flying summertime

Seriously, I'm not that naughty, just a bit swamped right now!
Its been a bad summer for blogging. 9-5 work, yoga work, visitors, visiting, you get the idea.
I have some news to report, however.
First, I cast on the chevron scarf. And then I frogged it. And then I cast on and knit and then I frogged it....repeat this for about 10 times. No joke. The Tall Guy couldn't seem to figure out what the heck I was doing. I wasn't sure either.


Chevron
Originally uploaded by sparklypia
But, finally, I seem to have it down. It looks like a spring garden to me. I'm not sure if I will keep this one or stock pile for holiday gifts. We'll see. The yarn I ended up using was one skein of koigu and about a half a skein of Fleece Artist. (which you didn't seen pictured, its the blue green colourway and so nice to knit with!) This wasn't my original intention, but the colours were just too good to not use together..

I'm heading to New England on Thursday for a week and can hardly wait. While I think there will be a lot of busy-ness and chaos, I'm demanding at least one beach day, two if I have my way.
One of my best friends will be in from California and we'll be hard at work finalizing her upcoming wedding plans for November. Currently, I'm on the lookout for a solid-colour dress in a blue hue. Not strapless. If anyone has an idea, just let me know.
Tonight, if you're not already aware (ha), the last Harry Potter book is being released. I may have a bracelet that holds my place in line for midnight. Please don't judge too much, I just want to read it before someone spoils it for me!
Also, in case you're wondering why you haven't heard anything about the Jaywalker recently... I got to the heel flap, forgot to change needles to the larger size and only remembered as I went to turn the heel. Well, normally you wouldn't notice the difference between size one and size two needles, but when you compare two heel flaps? You do. Sigh. I needed to just put that down for a minute before I threw it out my living room window.

No comments:

Post a Comment