Wednesday, October 17, 2007

And here's the yarn...

I know, I've been withholding. I'm sorry, I'll try to work better at not doing that.
So, here it is...
First, some of my haul from Stitches East... I stuck to things I would have trouble buying at a LYS and had some excellent luck. First up, Lisa Souza, the Merino Superwash hardtwist. Great stuff and amazing yardage.

Storm Moon Knits, a Local Indie Dyer who I'd been hearing about via Ravelry. I had been obsessing recently over knitting a pair of punk rock black and pink socks. I don't know why, but its true. So, look what I found! How awesome. Colorway, Pretty In Pink and also has great yardage (over 400 yards)

I couldn't resist winding this up and starting before I got to take a picture. So, here we have, Socks that Rock in Rocktober. Its a toe up sock for me.
Completely unrelated to Stitches, Mkick was in town last week and we went to Takoma Park. One of the stores there carries Malabrigo. I couldn't resist...

Here are the What's Up 1972 socks completed. As you can see, there's a pretty big color change on the right foot. I had some issues with this yarn with a number of knots (Jitterbug), but have talked to the US Distributor and they'll be replacing it for me. How great is that?

And last but, certainly not least... a certain lizard decided to go for a walk around the house the other day, which is totally normal (he had an adult supervisor), but it seemed that every time I walked into the space he was in, that he wanted to be "by himself". I couldn't get a picture of him that didn't involve him walking away from me! I guess everyone needs a little private time. That said, Sid says hello to everyone.

Edit: How could I forget this? A shout out on Vickie Howell's Blog! She's the best!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment