Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ooops! Where did that come from?

The Tall Guy was on a bike mission today that involved Alexandria. Never one to turn down an opportunity to buy beer from a grocery story (doesn't happen in MD) and a chance to pop into Knit Happens, I hopped in the car for a ride.
We both came home happy, him with a new bicycle (don't ask me about storing it, it's currently in the living room) and me with some yarn and a book.
This is Neighborhood Fiber Co. Studio Sport. I think the colorway is Kalorama Circle or something like that... This is a local dyer (Karida) and I love her stuff. It's pink and fun...
and yes. This is Cookie A's new book!!! The store got a handful of copies in early and I had been hoping they still had some by the time I got there. I was in luck!

In other news, the Tall Guy and I walked into an open house in Columbia Heights today. We fell in love with a row house (Wardman style, my favorite!) that had original wood flooring, a backyard and parking and well....Is just out of our budget. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Snyder's up GA Ave. has beer! (and wine) but yes... I keep hearing about trader joes and wine, and have never gotten to the ones in DC/VA. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that very same skein of yarn! Purchased from Knit Happens, even!

    I am salivating all over Cookie A.'s new book!

    Also, re: the house hunting. Why not make an offer? I really love Columbia Heights -- so much character, there. I lived right next door in Mt.P. while I was living in DC. Worst thing that happens is they turn you down, right?

    ReplyDelete