Friday, March 27, 2009

progress on a sock

This has been my car and train and no thinking involved project this week that I mentioned on Monday. I think they're going so fast because I just keep wanting to knit til I see the next color!Also, I tried a new short row heel and I think I'm in love (sorry non knitters). You can see it explained here and there's even a YouTube video Basically? No wraps, no YO's... it's awesome, trust me. Personally, I think it may have just changed my life in terms of sock knitting. It will probably take a few more tries to make it super pretty, but for a first try? Not bad and the holes are minimal to zero. Yay! (Thanks to all who commented on their short row heel thoughts as well on Twitter)
Back to knitting the sock, sitting quietly for a bit (I have a killer knot in my shoulder, I'll blame work stress for it) and watching an episode of Gossip Girl (I know, I know, so bad.. but SO good!)

1 comment:

  1. I have GOT to get me one of these yarn set things. Within a week of your first post, I saw them in a magazine I picked up this weekend (Interweave? Vogue? I fell down at the bookstore, so I'm not sure). So it's a sign, right?

    ReplyDelete