Monday, March 9, 2009

Something about knitting? Really?

So, I've had a minor loss in knitting mojo...sometimes when I finish things I love and I try to start something new, it's hard to find something that may be as good as what I just knit... so, while I was working on a baby sweater and was working on a chevron scarf (until I lost a needle on the metro) I was also casting around a bit, looking for a new sock, or something that just caught my fancy... lo and behold, in the depths of my pattern stash, I found the Firestarter Socks.
They are so pretty! And the construction is unique, so I'm giving it a go...
Here's the yarn..
Up until yesterday, I was planning on trading or selling this... it's Claudia's hand painted and I had swatched it a few times and hadn't really liked it... it seems to be working for now, and I think it may be a super early Christmas gift in the making...we'll see how I feel at the end.
It looks like there will be plenty of knitting/Pia Television time this week (I have two Tudors discs sitting here) ! The Tall Guy is off on a work adventure and Jessie will be over tomorrow evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment