Thursday, March 13, 2008

I showered!

Seriously, that's the excitement from the past two days. Tuesday afternoon, I had a headache start at the back of my head. As it worked its ways around, I kept trying to fight it off with caffeine and drugs. Lo and behold, I was in bed by 8pm that night and woke up Wednesday morning in the full grip of the flu. Eck. This wouldn't be so hard to swallow if I hadn't already had what I thought was the flu about a month and a half ago. But, no. This was what my best friend and I back in college dubbed the "Kindergarten Flu" because, as an adult the last time you remember being this sick, you were, indeed in kindergarten. So, this is the second time in about 6 years I've had it. Bleck. It only adds insult to injury that I'm super busy at work, so I really didn't have time to take two days off in the middle of the week. Apparently, this is my body's way of telling me to slow down, stop stressing and relax a bit. Ha.

In good news, I got picked in the lottery for Scout's Swag! I'm totally excited for that, it should be lots of fun.
Now, off to take a nap.

2 comments:

  1. ugh, that sucks. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a twisted way, sometimes I think it's better to be totally sick and completely incapacitated, than to have just a bad cold or something. When you have a cold, or other slight ailment, you can manage to get yourself showered/dressed/at work, even if you are a zombie. And you're not getting the rest you need to recover. When you have the flu, you might feel like total crap for a few days, but you're forced to stay in bed and watch soap operas (that have the same characters and plot as they did when we were in elementary school). And if you're lucky, people make you soup and bring you drinks. Feel better, get lots of fluids and rest.

    ReplyDelete