Monday, February 5, 2007

yoga shouldn't hurt this much

I try to get to a yoga class at least once a week, preferably twice, outside goal of three times and in a perfect world every day. It makes me a better, more calm person, helps my posture and you really can't deny the big muscles it gives me. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Anyway. Yesterday was a great class, I felt great, the tall guy tagged along and did great and I was really happy. If it weren't for the fact that I can't lift my right shoulder about my head right now, we'd be all set. It goes like this...
I still, after a year+ of weekly/twice weekly practice can't do crow to save my life(below left). Most semi-regular practitioners of yoga find this to be a pretty easy arm balance. I find it a pretty good way to knock myself in the head.
The strange part is that I can do a sideways crow. Which I'm normally pretty good at holding for a few breathes (below right). Yesterday, I got up just fine and then totally (for lack of a better term) bit it. Hard enough that I think the entire class lost their concentration and the teacher (who I know pretty well) had to suppress a giggle as she went by, saying something to the effect of "Well, you did have it..."
While I fully realize that yoga is an on going, spiritual journey, at the moment, the only inner fulfillment I'm getting is from the Advil I'm popping.
Don't you love these pics? I love Google-Image search.
Also, DC is 22 degrees right now and Boston (where I'm heading tomorrow for work) is reading in at 11...
Namaste and Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment