Thursday, February 22, 2007

Urban Development Sucks

When it effects your house.
No need to move yet, but as shown on Silver Spring Scene and according to the vague letter I got about 7 or 8 months ago... there's going to be a high rise building going up right around my little house in the next year or two.
Here's the article.
http://www.silverspringscene.com/blog/
Nothing is really clear on the groundbreaking, but it means that I won't be renting here forever. I like my house and I'm sure I'll be happy to move, but I hate to see that where my house currently stands will be a pool in a few short years and our garden style complex will be giving way to yet another 15+ story building that seems to have become so common in downtown Silver Spring since I moved here about 5 years ago.
I should note that I'm a city girl. I lived in Boston for five years before moving here... but, I think its just sad when a little bit of personality gives way to another concrete building with a desk person charging far more then they should for rent... Okay, I'm done now.

1 comment: