Saturday, November 24, 2007

so close, yet so far away

I'm nearing completion on my very first sweater. Yes, I've been knitting for years, but have never actually knit a sweater. It was very intimidating, for some reason. So, I'm SO close, I can taste it. One sleeve, some finishing, block it, and its done! Yet, it just seems so far away with so much other knitting that should be happening right now. Sigh. Today, as a by-product of the holiday, I got to spend the day w/my step sis. We spent the majority of it sitting on the couch watching Laguna Beach and knitting. It was awesome. Of course, I should have been taking sister all over to see cool things, hang out in a city etc, but its not often we get to knit together. So, we did. And one of the sleeves got done on the sweater.
Lord willing' I'll have it done in the next week or so and then I'll show you pictures. Until that time, I'll keep you in suspense, I want to show off the finished product instead of you seeing a lumpy, one armed sweater that needs to have things sewn in and a bath.
Oh, and happy holidays to all, it was, as always a crazy turkey day here, with the normal family excitement and drama. I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment