Thursday, November 29, 2007

I've had my cell phone for two years.

For some, that's just a normal statement. For you all, I would like you to pause for a moment and congratulate me. I repeat.... I've had my cell phone for two years! Okay, that said. Its sort of like not having a cell phone right now, because the battery is lasting about 5 minutes before it starts to beep at me. Meaning, I'm starting to carry my charger with me everywhere as well. The keys only work sometimes. Voicemails show up days later. It goes to vibrate on its own (or worse, comes off of silent or vibrate on its own). But, it STILL works. Kind of.

Okay, I know I need a new phone. The pink razr is done. My best friend is telling me she's buying me a gift card to Verizon for Christmas (which I think is hilarious) I'm trying to make it through Christmas though and I'm still debating whether I want Verizon another two years. There's no reason not to have them, but that Iphone is so cute! Okay, I'll have Verizon another two years. I mean, it only makes sense. My cell-phone-talking-world consists of either Verizon customers or Sprint customers and I'm not going back to Sprint. Why is this so hard? Cell phone companies are the pits, I think. So, let's see if the little pink phone and I can make it to December 26. My Dad seems to think there will be sales after Christmas. In the meantime, don't take it personally if I'm not talking on the phone that much, its just been a bit of a challenge lately.

And, onto knitting news. I cast on for the Yarn Harlot's unoriginal hat last night in this sweet baby alpaca from Cascade. (Colour 562) Because I'm using a smaller needle size, I think I'm going to pull the whole thing out and add a cable repeat. It's another holiday gift, surprise surprise:) It appears right now like it would fit an 8yr old and I don't know any 8yr old's that I'm knitting for!

The sweater is all cast off and the pocket needs to be tacked on. I think, however that I'm going to undo the bind off at the bottom and knit a few more rounds...its the sweater, people, that will not end.

The Tall Guy said the other night that my hands must be really strong now, and I hadn't really thought about it, but I wonder if knitters hands are physically stronger then your average person?

4 comments:

  1. i dont believe your cell phone woes.....you never miss my calls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you're getting a new cellphone, so maybe you don't care, buuuut....

    My RAZR wasn't holding a charge for very long at all, and I got sick of recharging it superoften. SO I ordered a new battery on eBay. It cost $4 (including shipping), and took a few days to arrive, and I don't hate my life anymore. It's seriously one of the best things I've ever bought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if this is true or not, but the guy at the Verizon store told me the worst thing you can do for your battery is charge it in the car for more than 30 minutes. He says that all it needs, and anymore will just fry your battery. That doesn't help you at all with your current situation - but maybe it will help your next battery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not kidding about the gift card, let me know if you decide to switch companies. Either that or I will consult with my geeks and you will have a new phone shipped to you.

    ReplyDelete