Monday, January 22, 2007

lots of airports means lots of knitting

Or something like that.
It was a whirlwind weekend of flying back and forth to the San Diego area to surprise Em for her birthday and to ooh and ahh over her lovely new engagment ring. With delays left and right, it meant plenty of time for knitting, quality time with my new ipod and even a bit of Harry Potter thrown in (did I mention the delays?)

On the way to San Diego, I knit an entire scarf for Em. It's somewhat of a tradition/compulsory act at this point for me to make her a scarf for either Christmas or her birthday. Unfortunately, the timing was such (on the needles on the plane straight to her neck when I gave it to her) that there was no time for a photo op.

I had finished the other part of her gift complete prior to leaving DC. With a sort of 1950's-60's theme in my mind, I knit the future family potholder/washclothes with their names on them (Lucky is the coolest dog in the world.) Thankfully they liked them and didn't think I was a total weirdo. (see photo).


After the marathon scarf on the way out, I rested my fingers for a few days. Prior to the return trip, I cast on my current project, which may or may not be for me. Ooops. I just couldn't keep my hands off this yarn.... Thankfully, I'm a multi-tasker, so I'll have another gift project on the needles within the next day or so.

In other news:
  • Dave is my new favorite Marine and I'm thrilled to be in his and Em's wedding in the fall.
  • Lucky, I may have mentioned is the coolest dog ever.
  • Chicago O'Hare is not a fun place to fly through in the winter.
  • Westin hotels (courtesy of American Air's screw ups...) really do have comfy beds (thanks O'Hare).
  • I may or may not be relieved to see winter has come to DC, it was getting a bit un-nerving.
  • I missed the Pat's game Sunday. I'm sort of glad I did, but sitting on a plane waiting for your gate to open only to miss your connection may actually be worse then seeing the Pat's lose the chance for another Super Bowl win. Sigh.
  • And... last but not least, I'm refusing to travel until February, which means THREE full weekends in DC prior to boarding another plane, this one bound for Boston/NH. You know I can't stay away...and an added bonus, the boy is coming to check out New England. I'm not sure how he'll do at the Friendly Toast... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment