Sunday, October 5, 2008

I love Fall

It's probably the best time to live in the greater DC area, as far as I'm concerned.
Yesterday, Jessie and I took a field trip down to Virginia for the Fall Fiber Fest. It was held on the grounds of James Madison's house.
So, in addition to seeing Llama's

and buying yarn


and more yarn...
we also toured Madison's house.
It was a gorgeous day!

So, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Annie is kind of a weather wimp. As in...if it's raining, she refuses to go outside...at all. Last winter, she would act all crazy when it was cold outside and would hop all over and howl on every walk. We're not sure if she was just acting nuts (it was the first few months we had her) or if she was reacting to the cold. So, I bought her a vest today (and it matches her new collar). This dog is the most spoiled, bratty hunting dog I've ever met.

I would be remiss to explain part of what has had me missing this week. Since last Sunday, I've read almost the entire four books in the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer. I'm not sure what it is about a young adult series revolving around teen romance and vampires that has me sucked in, but I'll be sort of happy when I finish this fourth one (oh year, they're each at least 500 pages) so I can go back to everyday life.

2 comments:

  1. Those books sound like a guilty pleasure. I think I need them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thought I would never read Twilight. Somehow I got sucked in, and couldn't put them down.

    (I'm partway through the last one and it's taking me longer than the other ones combined. Mostly because I have 3 minutes of free time per week now, and also partially because I don't like this one as much.)

    ReplyDelete