Such a mundane part of everyday, 9-5 life, right? I've had quite the drama with alarm clocks the past few years and it shows no signs of stopping.
A little background:
- I'm not a morning person. At all. I'm grumpy, dizzy and unable to speak before a cup of coffee and an hour of movement.
- I have terrible eyesight that keeps getting worse.
- I always have a glass of water on the table
Anyway. I had a great alarm clock for quite awhile that was about 80% of what I wanted. The numbers were HUGE, it had settings for an "A" and "B" alarm, so I could have a weekday alarm set all the time and an different one for weekends etc and a big snooze button. It did not, however have digital radio settings , only the tuning wheel.
Well, this alarm clock met its demise when I knocked over my umpteenth glass of water right onto it and it finally called it quits. It was around this time that the Tall Guy and I were "shacking up", so we just used his.
The Tall Guy's alarm clock, however has small numbers which I can't see from my side of the bed. (Remember my opening bullets) That's not why I don't like it though. See, when you turn the alarm button to "on", nothing on the face of the clock lights up. Call me crazy, but I don't trust that the alarm is "actually" set, unless the Tall Guy does it himself. This is resulting in some issues, to put it mildly, as when the Tall Guy is out of town, I refuse to use the alarm clock and just use my cell phone. This all said, we've been shopping for an alarm clock. Do you realize how hard it is to find a "normal alarm clock"???
Here is what I would like and can't seem to find.
- Normal to large size numbers
- An indicator that the alarm is set on the face of the clock (this is not completely needed, but a wish)
- A digital radio, not a tuning wheel which always results in our clock radio moving from NPR to CSPAN without warning
- The "A" and "B" alarm were nice but, once again, not absolutely needed
- I don't need or want the ability to plug in my iPod. My iPod is downstairs in my bag for work and I like waking up to NPR, thank you very much.
- Waterproof would be amazing, but yeah, that's not going to happen. I'll just be more careful with my water.
So, now if you're still reading, you probably think I'm completely anal and insane all in one ball. Truth is, I'm really not, but the Tall Guy and I have been on such a search (every time we're near a Best Buy, Circuit City, Target etc,) That it's getting to be nearly funny. I will happily accept any alarm clock radio suggestions or donations you may have.