Monday, May 5, 2008

Manic Monday

The Tall Guy was singing this lovely tune from the Bangles on the way to work this morning and its been rattling around in my head ever since. I swear, I'm going to start put my headphones in for the commute on Mondays! (Just kidding, buddy).
Anyway, before I get sidetracked, a few answers to the comments on the baseball game last Wednesday. It was breezy up there, but the sun was on our backs, since we were in top row, so I only got a tad chilly towards the end of the game. I only stayed until the bottom of the 9th inning, thus not staying for the extra innings. It was a school night, I was tired, the hot dog churning in my tummy was making me queasy and well... I'm a Red Sox girl, so I'm really at any other game for the ambiance anyway. 9 innings is plenty for me. I also promise to try a half-smoke next time.

So, yes. This weekend was Sheep and Wool. I'll post photos soon, but my little Mac is in the computer health clinic for a week or so, so I'll have to get the Tall Guy to assist in my loading the photos to his computer. In short, I went both days, had a great time, the weather couldn't have been better, I bought sock yarn (shocking). Didn't find a sweater's worth of anything (which is okay). Bought some other stuff, like needles and Soak (great price) and Sock Blockers (I'll explain with photos later). All in all, Sheep and Wool is a funny thing, as both days I went with non-knitters. See. Sure there's a lot of yarn, etc, but its really just a big old country fair that happens to only have animals there that you can shear for their fiber. Thus, all the barns are full of sheep, goats, alpacas, etc. Its wonderful and free!
Photos to follow, along with a finished object! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment