Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Possibly a bigger nerd?

Everyone in the knitting community it appears is talking about Ravelry. Its (from what I can tell) the myspace/facebook/friendster etc of the knitting/crochet/fiber/spinning world. Currently being in the beta phase, they're only having a limited amount of people join at a time and I'm..sigh. On the wait list. Which, wouldn't be so bad if the entire world wasn't blogging and pod casting about it. If there's one thing I can't stand its feeling like the little kid who isn't invited to the birthday party. Sigh. I'll let you know when I'm on, and if it lives up to the hype. By the looks of the screen shots (Yes, I spent 20 min looking at preview screen shots last night), it just might be fun.
In the meantime, I've cast on the second Jaywalker and still don't have a picture for you of the first. I'll try to get that up before I leave on my next set of adventures. The yarn colourway ended up being a bit more "girly" then my usual taste, but it worked really well with the pattern.
Next up, which may be worked in tandem is a pair or two of itty bitty socks. For a friends itty bitty person coming into the world soon. It seems that this spring/summer babies and wedding planning (not mine on either, whewwwww) are the hot topics. I think the itty bitty socks will be done on either the panda cotton or using Cascade fixation I picked up this weekend in a nice flame sort of colourway (though the woman at the store called it Redskins colours, yuck!) Neither are traditional baby colours which is good, as none of my friends currently expecting are really the "pink for girls, blue for boys" types.
More updates either tonight or tomorrow, I promise:)

2 comments:

  1. What the heck is wrong with Redskin colors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there!!!
    i can't wait to try ravelry, but i'm fearful that if i get started now (i got my invite, finally), i'll never study for the bar again.

    hope all is well in dc! sorry i dropped off the face of the earth there for awhile :-(

    ReplyDelete