Friday, February 1, 2008

i heart socks

I had started a sock on Christmas day (new yarn!) trying out the elusive "Magic Loop" technique and then promptly put it down and forgot about it. This week, I was suddenly overcome with a compulsion only knitters with my level of dedication (okay, obsession) understand. I had to knit a sock. There's something totally different about sock knitting then sweater knitting, or hat knitting or what-ever-else knitting and I wanted to work on a sock. So, I picked it up on Tuesday or so , finished the leg, turned the heel and wrapped it up last night. It's the most simple sock I think I've ever knit, as I wanted to fully understand the process without getting bogged down in the pattern and it seemed to work.
The deets: Yarn: Socks that Rock Lightweight in Christmas Balls, Needles: Addi lace 24 inches in size 2. Pattern, based off of a few things (in teaching myself Magic Loop without the official Magic Loop pamphlet) including Knitty's rpm pattern and the Yarn Harlot's generic sock pattern for basic measurements, though at this point I don't really need them.


I'm continuing to baby knit as well. Below is about 40% of the baby kimono for my future-future niece. Its looking a bit funny now, and I need to go get more yarn this weekend (ugh) but, otherwise, its been a fairly interesting, yet not overly taxing knit. That said, I'm not a big fan of knitting with cotton. Its lack of elastic qualities is killing my wrists.
Its been raining in DC for over 12 hours straight with no signs of stopping at this point. If this had been snow, we woulda' been buried!

No comments:

Post a Comment