Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lorna's = Love

I'm starting to fall in love with Lorna's Laces.
I decided to whip up a pair of socks for the Tall Guy for part of his Christmas Gift... he had been hinting around for another pair, so under time constraints, I went with a worsted weight/size six needle type of sock.Pattern: Thuja Socks
Yarn: Lorna's Laces, Worsted Weight, 1.25 skeins, in Edgewater colorway.
Needles: Size Six Addi's Lace
Mods/Details: I increased the stitch count by 4, and used Magic Loop instead of DPNs.

In the end, the pattern was fast, easy and fun. I expect I'll be making more of these, as the Tall Guy hasn't taken them off since I gave them to him.

In other news, we're leaving in a week for a vacation, also known as a belated honeymoon (Turks and Caicos).
I am so ready. My book pile is ready!

2 comments: