Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy 2009! I can only hope that 2009 is as good and better then 2008 was for us, with (hopefully) slightly less travel.

Here is one of the holiday gifts this year.These were for the Tall Guy's sister. Given the winter Seattle is having right now, she was psyched for some new winter mittens!
Details: Basic Cabled Mittens
Yarn: Malabrigo, about 60% of a skein, green (not sure which one)
Needles: Size 6 Addi Turbo's (I did Magic Loop for the body of the mitt)
Mods: None, except for using Magic Loop instead of DPNs.
For another pair I did for my sister, I shifted the location of the cable slightly, but I'll tell you all about it when I show you that mitten.


I didn't knit as much as normal this year, my energy was less then average, so it just wasn't happening. We spent the week of Christmas in Detroit with the Tall Guy's family and now this week, my family is visiting us in DC, which has been awesome; otherwise, I wasn't' sure when I would see my side for the holidays!

Off to make dinner for eleven! Happy New Year again!

No comments:

Post a Comment