Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It was a mitten year..

These mitts mark the third pair I knit for this years holiday season...
As I mentioned a week or two ago, these mittens are the same pattern as these ones.
Same yarn (different colorway of course), same needles and then only a couple of mods.. the biggest was one I snagged from my friend Jessie. Basically she (and then I) shifted the cable so that it would be more centered and then continued it to the very tip of the fingers, instead of stopping it when you started the decreases. You can see hers here.
The only other change I made was on the wrists. I did a k1p1, but twisted the knits so it would be a bit more snug for my sister. She lives and goes to school in New Hampshire, where it's pretty much been snowing non-stop since December 1. She'll need the mittens this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment