Thursday, August 7, 2008

on the road again

Tomorrow, the Tall Guy and I head to Columbus for a couple of days for a wedding (Of the friends that gave us the ice cream maker! YuM!). It should be lots of fun, though I'm feeling a little crazed at the moment. It will all be fine and an adventure, though, so a good night's sleep and I'll have my party shoes on!

This morning, on the way to work, for the first time ever, I had an encounter with a cicada. Let me say, that yes, I did live here four or so years ago when cicadas made their every-so-many years appearances. But, they didn't seem like a big deal to me then. I saw them, they saw me (or not) and I went about my business. This morning, though, I was really groggy, had my headphones on and was flying solo (a lot of mornings, the Tall Guy walks with me, even though we don't really talk, due to me extreme unfriendliness prior to coffee). So, I'm minding my own business and suddenly, even with my headphones on, I hear this crazy whirling noise, like a wind up car unwinding loudly. Next thing I know there is a three inch or so long bug flying haphazardly my way. Cicadas are clearly not good at flying. It's like a helicopter being flown by a drunk guy. Anyway, It nearly flew into my face as I screamed bloody murder.Photo courtesy of : http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2007/07/04/cicada-on-hand-esme-1.jpg
Saved to my server.

Yeah. The girl in me comes out sometimes, but seriously, folks. Cicadas are creepy!

Knitting progress will happen this weekend, as deadlines loom and the Tall Guy gets to drive. Yahoo!
Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I thought that was a picture of you holding a cicada and I got a little queasy. Blech.

    Again, this is Kerry. not nick. However, nick too is not a huge fan of cicadas. But he also doesn't like mini coopers, so I can't trust his judgement.

    ReplyDelete