Saturday, May 9, 2009

Spring Sweater!

The spring issue of Interweave had one pattern that really caught my eye (so far the Summer issue, not so much, but it often takes a little time for me to decide).
The Whisper Cardigan is light and airy which is great for a DC spring/summer, when moving between 90 degrees and humid to my 60 degree, frigid office.
I'm just about done with the first sleeve and moving on to the body. The construction is pretty interesting, yet it's plenty of stockinette to ease my otherwise scattered brain.
The yarn is Sanguine Gryphon, a lace weight called Sapphon (very similar to a Malabrigo lace weight base to me) and the colorway is The Black Earth.

So far, it's an easy knit and the yarn has been surprising me with a decent amount of teal/sea foam that I hadn't really noticed when I purchased at the Homespun Yarn Party in March.

This is pretty much a traveling/commuting/lunch project so I don't expect to finish it anytime soon...especially with all this baby knitting happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment