Monday, February 9, 2009

Wicked- Reconstruction Ahead

So, if you've been reading along since last year or so, you've seen this picture. It was my first sweater. (If you click on the label that says "First Sweater, you can read all the trials and tribulations of this sweater)....Not too shabby, but, has it's share of issues. The biggest issue is the neckline. It was freshly washed and blocked in this photo, so it looks okay. An hour or three later, I appear as though I'm on the set of Flashdance sporting an off the shoulder look. Due to this problem, I've hardly worn the sweater.

And then I started thinking. And researching and I think I've figured it out. I'm employing the help of a friend of who crochets and I'm going to use the Yarn Harlot's Chain stitch method around the neckline of the sweater (found here.) Wish me luck and I'll let you know how it turns out.
In the meantime, I'm finishing the body of the Francis Revisited, which I still have yet to show you and a just-about-done sock. I'll give you visual updates soon, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. It is really gorgeous. I think that a crochet border is exactly the ticket! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete