Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Another Ishbel?

This past weekend was a weekend dedicated to my hanging out with friends, neighbors, the Tall Guy and knitting. Lots of knitting. I had had so many projects that seemed to all be half done and it was driving me crazy.(Case in point, yesterday's Whisper). A lot of it, I haven't even blogged for one reason or another.
This project is part of a spring (okay, fine it's July, whatever) craft swap with my sister-in-law in Seattle. She's a sewer, I'm a knitter and we decided to trade gifts.To me, it's always really stressful to knit for someone you know, but don't know SUPER well. I made her approve the hanks of Claudia's and she liked them and then I made her okay the swatches, because I'm not a pastel girl. I really couldn't tell if this was pretty or not! That was, until it was done, and I blocked and pinned it out. For a teeny tiny second, I completely regretted the fact that I would be mailing her this piece. Once I came to my non pastel senses, I realized that she will wear this far more then I would and really, it has her name all over it.
I love it when that happens.

1 comment: