Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

Perhaps most people reflect on the past year around December 31... I was thinking this morning, however about how much has changed over the last year and just how much I have to be thankful for

I'm thankful for my family... both new


and "old"


For longtime friends who "knew me when"...




And for newer friends who have helped me realize DC really is an okay place




I'm thankful for the Tall Guy; a girl couldn't ask for a better partner-in-crime...

I'm thankful that all of the above people love me and all of my imperfections.

I'm thankful for Annie. For as much as she's a little monster, she's also one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met.


I'm thankful for liking my job a lot more now then I did a year ago.
I'm thankful for having a job.
I'm thankful that I'm learning the difference between being a good friend and getting walked on.

And finally. Well, I'm just thankful that life is on the upswing and my friends and family are happy and healthy.
I'll be back to my usual cynical self by tomorrow or Friday. In the meantime, enjoy your holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Pia!! You are so wise. And so sweet. And utterly amazing... Love you!!

    ReplyDelete