Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bi-craftual

Over the last few years, I've dabbled with crochet. One good friend taught me enough to chain stitch around a neckline (as detailed here and here). Basically, I knew just enough to be dangerous. Over the past few weeks over on Twitter, I was tempted by the upcoming crochet potholder swap and suddenly I was being convinced that I could learn to crochet and join the swap as well! I'm tellin' ya, these ladies are nothing if not the biggest bunch of enablers around!
While I'm not sure I'll be able to pull this off, Lolly, Wrypunster, Emily and I had a great afternoon yesterday hanging out at Looped, learning to crochet, visiting and laughing a lot. Now, while I have plenty of knitting in progress lying around the house, all I can think about are fun, crazy color combos and making afghans and granny squares. Chances are, I won't actually go too far with this, but it was so much fun to learn a new skill! I couldn't help but giggle when I was sitting with yarn in one hand, a crochet hook in the other and zero clue what I was doing.
Thanks ladies for a great afternoon, now I'm off to work on my NewBee squares!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Welcome to the crochet world!!! It can be just as addicting as knitting once you get the hang of it (especially those granny squares!) and it's faster!!

    ReplyDelete