Monday, August 17, 2009

Daydreaming

The Tall Guy and I are brainstorming for a destination for a trip in late October. Any good ideas? The Islands are pretty much ruled out due to the risk of a hurricane, but otherwise, we're thinking a week off, some relaxing and some adventuring. I'm leaning towards not going to Europe since I'd rather have more then a week there, but my arm can be twisted for the right locale and price.
As you may be able to tell, my brain is in serious need of a vacation right now as is displayed by one of my current works-in-progress.

Jaywalkers. (You can find a link to the pattern on her site as well) Such a great pattern, in that they always look so much harder then they are, and they produce a sturdy, fun fabric.
These one's are in Lorna's Lace's, Amy's Vintage Office, sock weight.
This is my go-to pattern when my hands need me to be knitting, but my brain wants to wander a bit. And the yarn, well, you know my love of LL's.

1 comment:

  1. Nantucket is fantastic after the summer season ends. You can bike everywhere. There's a winery/brewery/distillery to visit and a whaling museum. Beautiful beaches, astounding restaurants (although you'll want to check to see if places are still open), autumn foliage, all the whimsical lobster print clothing items you could ever want, and off season prices. It could be a little chilly (I think late September or early October might be the ideal time to go), but you might luck out with splendid weather as we did a couple of years ago when we went to the Cranberry Festival.
    -Shani

    ReplyDelete